- Dr. Fauci says images of MDW partiers are 'troubling'
- Germany returns chloroquine donated by Bayer
- India cases top 150k
- France discontinues use of hydroxychloroquine
- Japan, EU push new stimulus
- New Chinese study confirms COVID uses same 'strategy' as HIV to cripple immune system
- Wuhan finds 200 'asymptomatic' cases after testing millions
- ECB's Lagarde said eurozone economy could take 12% hit due to virus
- WHO reiterates warnings about premature reopening
* * *
Update (1000ET): As the media continues to hammer President Trump for refusing to wear a mask, Dr. Fauci told CNN that he wears a mask while out in public to set an example. Asked about images from around the country showing MDW partiers ignoring social distancing restrictions, Dr. Fauci said he found these stories "troubling". We don't need to accept that a second wave is "inevitable", he said.
Germany's health ministry on Wednesday announced plans to return thousands of chloroquine tablets donated by Bayer in mid-April following "findings" that the drug is not only ineffective at treating the coronavirus, but dangerous for human consumption, even as some researchers insist that a related drug - hydroxychloroquine - can be effective at treating COVID-19 patients if combined with zinc or a Z-Pak.
* * *
California Gov. Gavin Newsom's decision to allow retailers across the state to reopen (along with barbershops and salons in most counties) helped galvanize investors' hopes for a "V-shaped" rebound in the US, setting US equities on the path to opening with strong gains for a second straight day on Wednesday, even after the...